Thursday 6 March 2008

Long Ago Roses


Today i am going to make some roses , because I'm feeling nostalgic,

I have always loved roses ever since i was a little girl, i remember my grandparents garden all kinds of roses rambling over the fences and a big climbing rose that always seemed to be in flower.
I remember a big old apple tree that my Grandad made me a swing on.
He used some old rope and a plank of wood.
I remember standing in his shed watching him make holes in the plank and then tie the rope into a knot underneath we walked out to the tree and he used a rickety ladder to climb and tie the rope on to a high branch, i must have spent hours and hours on that swing , happy memories of long ago....

I.ll make yellow roses and think of my lovely Grandad Tom ,who was a wonderful person and a very special man, i miss him so much.....

No comments: